Week 8: TEL

 Week 8: TEL



In my classroom I plan to foster an environment that caters to all of my students by allowing them to do exploratory work they are passionate about through the choice of many mediums of technology. Just like Aseem Sawhney mentions at the beginning of the video, many students come from working households where they do not allow the time for homework or to receive help with homework. I hope to allow for homework time in class if I am required to, but ideally I will not have to assign homework to allow my students time for extracurricular activities outside of school, social or religious activities, or just to play and enjoy their free time to be kids while they can. 


Obviously the types of technology we have learned throughout this semester will be age and grade dependent. I believe that by designating homework time in class and during the school day, students will develop a growth mindset naturally through practice. Like I mentioned above, students come from many different backgrounds such as working households and many ranges of income. Students who need extra support in different areas may not have the resources or access to continue practicing skills outside of the classroom. By doing homework in class, I can be an encouragement and advocate for each student and practice my own growth mindset when assisting them in difficult subject skills.


The TEL activities such as podcasting and blog posting about the subject areas they are passionate about while making connections to subject material they are learning in class... for example they can use technology such as podcasting and blog posting to verbally explain or written explanations to connect to social studies, science topics, or books we read in class. I can also use jam board during class just like we do to give students the opportunity brainstorm or share their take/opinions anonymously if they would prefer. Using videoant and markuphero can also by used to have students notice things we have studied in class and I can use it as an assessment to make sure they have met the objectives and understand the content being taught in class. Also, by giving back the autonomy over their learning and allowing them to choose different mediums of technology that also challenge them, they can continue that growth mindset and become an encouragement to themselves and others.


Comments

  1. The added benefit of blogging and podcasting is that students can share products of learning with audiences beyond the classroom. Thanks for sharing your ideas here, Maddie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment